26.10.08

Why "The Best" Christiansens?

Many have wondered, especially the little (or not so little anymore) nephews.

One time when Richard and Gaye went on one of their extravagant trips, we watched their kids. They used to think it was funny to leave all the munchins with newly weds. I'd say it was more entertaining. There was the time we told them we were lost and couldn't find the house because we ended up in Vegas. Or the time we tried to talk them into sleeping in by telling them it wasn't day yet. But the name for the site came from Matthew (because this was originally a blog for the whole family.)

The little punk beat us in a game of midget Nerf basketball. Even though he was only three he started dancing around the basement gloating and signing, "I'm the best, I'm the best, I'm the best!" Thus, "The Best Christiansens."

Most of the funny sayings in our family come from Matthew. Say any of the following in a little munchkin voice:

- "Change me! Change me! I pee peed and pooh poohed!"
- "I'm scared! I'm scared!" (Hint: don't pick up a kid who is yelling this even if it's 3:00 AM and just a few seconds earlier he was announcing the status of his diaper.)
- "Don't take my yummy gum!" (This was when Daryl tried to stop him from chewing gum he found under the table at The Pizza Factory.)
- "You be nice now, okay!"
- "I'm Brett Matthew Christiansen!"

Notice how everything has an exclamation point? That indicates extreme volume.

Now Macie has taken Mathew's place as the loud kid who says funny stuff. They are very similar even though Macie was scared of Matthew for awhile. She said, "He's scary because he has bras on his teeth. " I agree that would be pretty scary.

No comments: